In this article we will discuss issue we faced after Office 365 migration while using applications MS Excel Word within SAPGUI.
- After Office 365 migration,documents within SAP which use Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word do not open in Embedded SAPGUI window. (within SAP).
- Instead they open separately (Outside SAP window) while executing SAP transactions that has MS Word /MS Excel to be opened in place.
- This is also a case with transactions with SAP long text.
Issue is caused due to DPI settings. (dots-per-inch resolution).
How To Correct This Issue:
1) For Microsoft Word
- Open the Microsoft Word application and Goto File –>Options
- From File Menu–>Open Options.
- Choose General->When using multiple displays -> and select option Optimize for Compatibility
Restart MS Word Application.
2) For Microsoft Excel
- Open the Microsoft Excel application and Goto File –>Options
- From File Menu select –>Open Options.
Choose General->When using multiple displays -> and select option Optimize for Compatibility
Restart MS Excel Application.